Our Latest Recipe!
- 1 jar pre made tomato sauce
- 4 ounces (½ cup) ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Pepper to taste
- 4 no-boil oven-ready wide flat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine ricotta, ½ cup Parmesan, and egg together. Sprinkle in a little pepper and mix.
To assemble the lasagna, spread ½ cup of tomato sauce over bottom of a loaf pan. Spread ⅓ of the ricotta mixture on top of 1 noodle, and lay on top of sauce.
Sprinkle on ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, and a little more sauce.
Repeat this layering 2 more times, making sure you end up with enough sauce and mozzarella cheese for the top layer.
When you lay the last noodle down, you will have no more ricotta mixture left. Place the remaining sauce on top of the dry noodle.
Mix together the remaining ¼ cup of mozzarella with 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top of the sauce.
Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at 25-30 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked and the sauce is bubbly around the edges.
Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is lightly brown in spots, for an additional 10 minutes or so.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes out of the oven to let it set a little more before cutting into it.